WELCOME

Welcome to the blogsite of the Tollgate Quilters Guild based in Durban KwaZulu Natal, South Africa.

We are a diverse group with a variety of experience and quilting related interests and it is hoped that this will come through in the postings. This blog will feature different guild members commenting on their favourite quilty subjects and we hope that you will enjoy the variety of opinions expressed.

We encourage comment and debate but please note that this blog is moderated.

















Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Altzheimers Art Quilt Initiative

Has anyone heard of this?


I have been aware of it for a while but have never gotten round to taking a look at what it is all about- even though we had a relative who ended up with this problem.
Today, I took a look and thought I would share the web address with you.


Here it is:    www.alzquilts.org/


There are some touching videos there as well as information about the quilts that have been made in memory of Altzheimers victims- and sometimes their carers.


All I can say is there but for the grace of God, go I - and hope that I never become a victim.



No comments:

Post a Comment