Here is an investigation of these pens by a quilter. http://quiltingclim
s-0-0- be it on your own head. I think they probably have their uses but there is no way I would use them to mark a quilt.
On to a message from Mandy Kirk from KZN Quilters Guild:
1. This weekend: Midlands Quilters will be at the annual Garden Show in the Royal Agricultural Showgrounds (PMB) from Friday 30th Sept to Sunday 2 October.
2. Voortrekker / Msundisi Museum will be having the quilt display with theme "Architecture". This will open on Monday 3 Oct and run until the end of the year.
2. Meander Quilters: "Hooked on Quilts" Friday 7 th October (10:00 to 15:00) & Saturday 8th October (09:00 to 13:00) at the Dave Mayo Centre, Howick High School. Directions: take the Howick North / Tweedie offramp off the N3 highway and turn to go into Howick. At the first traffic light (Sunfield Home is on the intersection), turn into Amber Avenue, go about 100 metres and you will see a gate into the school next to the tennis courts. Keep going until you hit the Dave Mayo Centre. contact: Lindy 083-735-5088 There will be 116 quilts on show!
3. KZNQG Open Day. Saturday 22 October. Speaker Fee Helstead from Aardmore Ceramics. Lots of demos, quilt show, vendors, refreshments.
4. Pleasuretime Quilters hosts "Quilts in a Scottburgh Garden". Saturday 29 October. 9am to 3pm. Entrance R10. (funds in aid of 2015 Festival). 32 Adam Street Scottburgh Central. Raindate: 5th November.
I don't know about you, but I'm going to make an effort to go to at least one of these exhibitions.